I am happy I am Malaysian

I took this from Badaunt blog this morning.I was born in Malaysia, I wish I could be a Japanese because I loves their anime very much and the scenery.I wish I can travel to the whole world because sometimes I got bored with my own country.But after I read this comment, I think my Malaysia is not bad.I am happy to be Malaysian.Maybe as a country, it's not perfect but nobody perfect.But it is beautiful because it is just like that.Just like that.

"Anon: I think we're getting old and lazy. We keep talking about going
elsewhere, but we've both been to Thailand, neither of us like Korean
food (my body doesn't tolerate garlic well), what I've heard about
Taiwan doesn't really appeal, and Kamchatka ... never occurred to us.
(We did think of Vladivostok once, but flights were ridiculously
expensive.) The Man wants to go back to north India at some point, but
we usually end up in Malaysia because it's so easy and so much fun.

Where
else can you sit eating Indian food surrounded by people of three
different ethnicities speaking three (or more) languages and that's
normal? Where else can you feel like you're in Hong Kong one moment,
India the next, and some high-tech first world country the next? Where
else is the food so damned good (and cheap) and varied? Where else can
you go to a beach resort and the local tourists outnumber the foreign
tourists ten to one? (One of the things I found uncomfortable about
Thailand was the lack of local tourists.) Where else can you feel so
much NOT like a tourist? You're just another of the many different
ethnicities/nationalities/languages/colours/religions (or lack of) that
make up the glorious mess of a place. After all these years in Japan I
know I will never feel like that here. I will always be a gaijin
outsider, and not quite human.

In Malaysia I am human."



Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts