Nothing to Eat?

It’s fasting month again. I miss it so much because it was full of memories. When I remember, it feels like a dream.

I remembered that our family was so poor at that time. I just came back from university to celebrate Aidil Fitri.My sister made drink to break the fast. I just wondering what was white drink with not bad flavor. I used to drink it quite few times while breaking fast. I asked my younger her sister, but she just smiled and said,” Special cordial that only you can find it in this house”.

Until I saw she made it and I repeated the same question.”Could not you see? It is only plain water mixed with sugar”. We didn’t even have money to buy cordial or flavor at that time. Then when I was drinking, I felt so sad because we were so poor.

Our house once ruined during fasting month, close to Aidil Fitri.I still remembered my mother shaking and shivering and the youngest sister crying. But we still acted like nothing happens. And my house still like that, ugly, right now I am saving money as much as I can so one day we will happy to celebrate fast month in a good house at least.

Then when Syawal comes, we have experienced to celebrate it with Serunding Ikan Bilis (Anchovies dish).Only that we could afford. My mom as a mother could not hide her sadness when she only could serve basic food on first Syawal. We never yearning for new clothes, but if we did, it was only for the younger member in the family. Until now, I need to make my mom to promise that she will make new clothes as I give a few bucks to her. I don’t want to wear new clothes if there any other member does not have one. So for this Aidil Fitri I want all my family to be happy and I want to surprise them with a new car.

Right now, once again Ramadhan comes and all those memories roaming around. Of course right now, the food is much better. But when I want to eat, I wondering what my family has. I hope they will have food as good as I am. Our life is much better that before. I have to be thankful.

I feel grateful to Allah because He creates such an amazing month so we can improve ourselves at least one month in a year. If we follow all the rules, we will get a healthy body and good attitude just after one month. So we should be good as we can.

p/s: Haha..Happy Fasting

Comments

Popular Posts