My Trip to Langkawi Island

Last week I spent my time at Langkawi Island for my vacation.I went there with my friends.Before we went there , we already book the hotel and have like a little plan in our head.It was my first time to Langkawi.

On Saturday morning, we arrived Kuala Perlis Jetty around 10.00 am.After we bought ticket to Langkawi Island, then we approached by agent(should I called them ulat). They asked which hotel with book and what activity we planned to do.So we told them bla..bla.. Then they offer us 'the better hotel', which they claim we can get better service with the same price on the hotel that we book, they claim 'it even cheaper'.So yes, because we didn't have idea on the island environment.Same goes with Island Hopping which they claim we can feed the eagle bla..bla.. They claim their price is cheaper.

When we arrived there, we rent the car and found out our Nissan Sentra was indah khabar dari rupa.In fact, it was ugly, broken and really buruk.I really cannot understand how they can offer cabuk car with price RM80 perday.We believed the car faced accident before as I saw it's broken dashboard.

Okay.We tried our best to enjoy our vacation, and then we reached the hotel.Humm.. I am not so fussy but the water heater didn't work.No remote control for aircond and until the last day we still figured out the right way to control it.The breakfast, nasi goreng, bihun goreng,porridge,bread,watermelon,cornflakes and coco crunch and the typical drink tea, coffee, manggo and orange juice.It was very simple breakfast compare to other hotel that I ever been.We keep complaining but yet we still try to be patient.Okay, maybe that's all we can get for RM160 pernight, even though we knew that we can get it even better in other hotel with slightly different price.We are willingful to pay more, but as we was influenced by ulat on the first day, that's what we get.

Activity at Langkawi Island, Island hopping (it was nice view but we was cheated by ulat to pay more.yup I was stupid to pay them for 4 people price while we only have 3 person).We went to Pulau Dayang Bunting, really nice view and I really wish to jump into the lake but I don't how to swim.We met really cheeky monkeys there, warning- Please don't show them plastic bag, food  or  they will chasing you and we heard a lot of screaming due that.

Then we go to see the eagle.Not feeding okay, just watch other tourist boat feed the eagle.When one of the tourist in our boat asked,"Do we provided by any food to feed the eagle?" The tourist guide , laughing and replied - "Why we want to feed the eagle?Just watch them only." For me that is the stupid answer because , in your plan, you already told us that you will provide us with the eagle food.So that's why it called as Eagle Feeding. Now it become Eagle Watching to us.I am not really eager to feed the eagle but I believed we should get what we pay.So wrong ulat again!


Then we visit UnderWater world, did some shopping and then my friends return to their home early and I extend one day more at Langkawi. I rent Kelisa, which also indah khabar dari rupa.*Sigh.

On my third day,I woke up late -9.39 am, I was rushing because the breakfast only until 10.00 am.Then I realized my watch stop working - it stuck at 8.15 not sure am or pm.Haih.When I reached the cafe, I saw no other tourist except  the hotel worker already entered the cafe ,cleaned up and have their breakfast.So I just took anything left and eat.While eating I heard the worker complaining about the food -why the porridge so cold ? why this one like that and this? I just think, if they are complaining about the food that served by their own hotel, it was not surprising if me, and my friends which are the customers complaining about the same stuff.

When I wanted to check out , I was surprised with the bill RM360 for two night.If it RM160 for one night, it should be at least RM320.But I suppose to pay less than RM320 as we paid the deposit RM80 per room early.We book two rooms and my friend checked out and settled the other room one day earlier.How come suddenly I have to pay so expensive.Then the receptionist  explain the rate for total is RM480, and my friend already paid RM120 so I have to pay the balance.Okay.I paid with my credit card then when I get inside the car and start the engine , my heart feel really something wrong.I wanted to ignore it but it feel so bad.I felt something wrong with the bill.Then I called my friend, my friend explained that I should n't pay RM360, because she already paid deposit for both room and also settled the payment for one room.So I get out from the car, and ask for the explanation again.The receptionist explained to me, and it seem very logic to me even though I could n't understand why the number become like that.I called my friend again then I remember clearly on the first day we came , the other receptionist told us that I only have to pay RM240.While realizing, that I and my friend have serious conversation on the payment- the receptionist checking the system.Then she apologized to me, and told me that actual price is RM240.She told me that the earlier receptionist have made mistake.So I have to do the transaction again, to cancel RM360 payment and to pay RM240.Such a huge number.

When I was driving, I just thinking, how they can commit such mistake especially in the billing, the room charged on the only one room, which is my room.If the mistake happened because of two rooms should it be two rooms stated in the bill.While I was thinking about that, then my friend told me that she read at Internet , guess what- the hotel has bad reputation.I was very lucky to be able to claim back my money.

Next time , I promise to myself that I will visit  Langkawi again.I feel very unsatisfied with this visit.I believe my friends feel the same. So this is the lesson learnt to us.Langkawi is really nice island, full of mysterious but maybe we just meet the wrong person.

For me, I get really good experience from this vacation.Plus I was lost until Sintok when I was driving back from Kuala Perlis to my home town.When I reached home at 7.00 pm plus, my mom was waiting for me,and I realized there no place like home.

Comments

Popular Posts