The Foolish Traveler



A foolish traveler was on a journey. He was so foolish that he was easily tricked by others.

“Please, money for medicine…”He was tricked by the villager and lost his clothes and shoes in order to help them.

“My sister is sick…”
“I have no money to buy seeds for the field…”

But, since the traveler was a fool, even when the villagers thanked him with lies saying “You saved me”, he believed them and kept saying, “Be happy, be happy!”

In the end, the traveler became bare-naked, and was so ashamed. So he went inside the forest. But this time, he met the monsters living in the forest. The monsters wanted to eat the traveler’s body so they began to trick him with lies. Of course, the traveler fell for it so he gave away his legs and arms, one by one.

In the end, the traveler only had his head left. Then he gave away his eyes to the last monster. As the monster ate the traveler’s eyes, it said, “Thank you. I’ll give you a present in return.”, and left something behind. But it was just a piece of paper that had “Fool” written on it”. Yet the traveler began to cry.”Thank you! Thank you! I’ve never gotten a present before!”

“I’m happy! I’m happy! Thank you! Thank you”, he said and poured tears out of his already gone eyes. And then the traveler died soon after.

The story ends here. My classmates all called the traveler a fool. But I closed my eyes, and thought about the traveler. I thought of the traveler, fooled and only left with his head, crying while saying “Thank you”.

Then I said to myself,”Ah! How lovely this is…”

Losses or suffering, it’s no use worrying about them. The wanderer didn’t worry about those. Even if it’s something considered foolish by others. I didn’t think it was foolish. Even if it’s someone who easily fooled by others, I didn’t try to fool him. I just really wanted to make others happy. How about Yuki? How about Kyo? Do you still…think it was foolish? With your eyes closed, what do you think?

p/s: Fruit Basket Episode 11 .Sometimes we always worry the simple things

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts